Delicious Tomato Pie Recipe
Grab the last of those vine-ripe tomatoes and TREAT YOURSELF!
This recipe was inspired by RECIPE FOR ROMANCE, a short 20,000 word novelette. Set in the picturesque town of Romance, Virginia (a town readers helped the authors of Main Street Romance build!), this story is set in the summer when the tomatoes are at their peak. No surprise that Emma, the librarian, has baked this dish to take to book club.
I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Deep dish pie crust
4-5 tomatoes, peeled and cut into slices
¼ cup of chopped basil
½ cup chopped red onion
1 cup grated mozzarella
1 cup grated cheddar
¼ cup grated parmesan
1 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Bake the pie crust or ten minutes to keep the shell from becoming soggy. Remove the pie crust from the oven and set aside.
3. Place the tomatoes in a colander in the sink in 1 layer. Sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 10 minutes, then blot with a paper towel.
4. Layer drained tomato, basil, and onion in pie shell. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the grated cheeses and mayonnaise together. Spread mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned cheesy crust forms.
5. Cut into slices and serve warm.
DOWNLOAD THE BOOK: